About the Rhythm & Shoes 5k Run/Walk
Support wellness and good health with the Central Ohio Symphony as we combine the love of music with physical fitness at this beautiful, inspirational 5K run/walk event. Last year, this event attracted many participants from around Central Ohio interested in supporting personal wellness and musical arts, while enjoying Columbus State Community College’s Delaware Campus and surrounding country road course.
This scenic out & back run/walk begins at the Delaware Campus of Columbus State Community College. From there the course follows beautiful Winter Road and Chapman Road, along the scenic waters of the Olentangy River. Participants reach the mid-point re-fueling water station before looping back to enjoy the gorgeous sights a second time upon the return.
Runners and walkers are encouraged to join us on our second annual race event which is sure to become a classic in Delaware County.
- Date: September 22, 2012
- Time: 9:00 am. Registration begins at 7:30 am.
- Columbus State Community College - Delaware Campus
- 5100 Cornerstone Drive
- Delaware, Ohio 43015
- Click HERE for directions
- $25 plus additional 10% fee if registering online.
- Race Packets:
- Participants will receive a high quality event shirt (not guaranteed for race day registrants), race number, sponsor-provided goodies, post race food and beverages.
- Packet Pick-up: Packet pick-up will be at FrontRunner's new store in the Worthington Mall (614-847-0301) September 19th through 8 pm on September 21st. Packets not picked up at FrontRunner will be available at the registration desk on race day, September 22nd.
Awards will be issued to the top 3 runners and walkers, male and female, in the following age groups: 13-19; 20-29; 30-39; 40-49; 50-59; 60-69; 70-79; 80+.
- Results will be posted at www.premierraces.com after the race.
- Running strollers are welcome, but we do ask that you start in the back and always yield the right of way to other runners. Dogs on leashes also are permitted – some of our favorite runners are dogs – but again, please start in the back and keep Sparky on a short, nonretractable leash, close to your side. Carry a bag and pick up any deposits Sparky makes on or near the course. And please: If Sparky has a history of fighting, biting or other aggressive behavior, leave him at home.
Questions: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org